… the fake kind that is!
Since I’m so free now, this is my introduction to cooking hahahaha.
1. Buy a fake food kit like this. I got mine at Shojikiya. I originally wanted the sushi making set cos the fish roe looks adorable but they were out of it
So I settled for donuts wtf.
The entire thing is edible actually! Everything is made of some kind of sugar and all you have to do is add water.
2. Take the packet out of the box wtf.
You’re supposed to cut out the front of it and turn it into some sort of coaster for your donuts.
3. Lay out all your utensils. A good chef always knows where his tools are wtf.
Everything in the picture came from the box. Except the scissors. If scissors came with it sure sold out wan wtf so worth it.
This is one of the mini containers included. Thoughtful Japanese even marked out what each compartment is for!
4. First pick a dough. There’s caramel and chocolate to choose from! The ‘dough’ comes in sachets of powder.
5. Add the powder to some water in the container and mix well.
While there’s a marking in the container that says where you should fill up water until, it doesn’t say anywhere how much powder to dump in -_-
So I anyhow add powder and mash it up until it looks like the right doughy consistency. God I’m artistic following my gut feel wtf.
6. Then when you’ve mixed the dough, smush it into these little moulds and leave it for a few minutes.
Ya looks a bit gross right!
This is the second batch I made. The dough is a lot finer and smoother. Practice makes perfect!
7. Gracefully with your spatula, pry the donuts out of the mould. Looks quite nice now right!
Except the middle one broke up wtf so I simply arranged it back together. Can pretend they’re mini mini-donuts wtf.
There’s two kinds – vanilla and strawberry. This one’s vanilla.
Sorry then I Alzheimer’s dunno why take picture of vanilla sachet but actually did strawberry hahaha. Same thing, just dump water and powder and mix together. Make it thicker rather than watery because if it’s too watery it will just drip off the donuts >:(
9. Using the spatula, scoop the glazing up and pour it over the donuts!
10. Then add sprinkles! There’s also another packet with chocolate sauce in it which you can then put in a tiny icing bag and ice your donuts!!! Super cool right.
But I was too lazy to do that wtf.
I can never be a Japanese chef cos my presentation sucks T_T
Incidentally my Powerpoint-presentation making skills also suck lolol.
11. Put on plate and serve to friends!
12. Jam was on leave so she came by and I made her eat a donut. This is her reaction hahaahah.
13. Then Fatty came home so he had to eat one too. His reaction is quite similar hahahahaha.
14. They both grumbled at me cos I wouldn’t try eating cos I hate sweet food ma. So I gave in.
Holy mother it’s disgusting.