The other day someone asked me to blog about my skincare/makeup regime, so here is your genie, granting your wish.
(Say as though a lot of people asked, actually only one request wtf.)
Anyway, I’ve periodically blogged about my skincare but skincare always changes ma! So this is my current skincare routine and products used.
1. Kose Sekkisei Save The Blue lotion – received it for a sponsored review and I really like it! After cleansing I pour some of this on a cotton pad and swipe my face with it.
2. DRx Comedone Formula – I gently massage this on to my T zone. It’s amazing for dissolving blackheads and whiteheads! My chin used to be full of whiteheads until I can use my fingernails to pluck out wtf but just a week of using this and no more visible whiteheads, blackheads also reduced. You can get this from DRx Clinic in Sri Hartamas.
3. DRx Max C – Yea I have an entire range of DRx products. Max C is Vitamin C, meant for whitening. Take a small amount and smooth it over my face.
4. DRx Botanical Whitener – A plant based product, also for whitening. Apply it after the Max C.
5. DRx Rejuvenator – A lightweight moisturizer that pairs well with Max C, cos Max C works best if skin is not overly moisturized.
DRx’s products are really very good! I’ve been using them for exactly a year already, and my skin used to be quite patchy with dark or red spots. But now overall more even toned and brighter. ^^
6. Laneige Perfect Renew Dual Touch eye cream – Last step is eye cream. I also dunno why, Laneige says it should be so wtf. I just got this recently; before this I was using Shiseido’s anti-aging eye cream which is super oily wtf. Just switched to this and I like! Texture very smooth and the cream for day even comes with SPF.
7. Clinique Take The Day Off makeup remover – Also love. I usually never stay with one product one, always switching brands to try different products. I used Clinique when I was at Mount Holyoke and I never really found a product as good as this so I went back. ^^
8. Laneige Water Sleeping mask (not in picture) – Oh ya once or twice a week I use this at night too!
On to makeup!
These are all the makeup I use on a daily basis. When I say daily basis, I mean daily basis wtf. My makeup never changes wtf in fact I can totally imagine myself as a 50 year old doing the same makeup I do now and pooh-poohing new-fangled makeup techniques in year 2035 wtf.
I don’t have any different makeup looks. And if I have to go out at night I just draw eyeliner thicker that’s all wtf. #uninteresting #predictable
1. Chanel Healthy Glow cream – I guess this is their version of BB cream ah. Actually thanks to DRx I don’t use BB cream or foundation! I usually just apply sunblock and loose powder that’s all. But sunblock itself rubs away after a while and I wanted something with a bit more lasting coverage. Randomly picked this since I never tried anything from Chanel before. I love it! Nice smell, very light and even coverage. Color also quite nice.
2. MAC liquid concealer – After BB cream, I dab on concealer under my eyes and occasionally around my nose cos I have redness there.
3. Nude Face concealer – Not sure what the brand is wtf but I got it in Japan and the coverage is powerful! It’s good but sometimes it can be a bit thick and white so I don’t really like it for everyday wear. Good for very lasting and strong coverage though.
4. Lancome Le Crayon Sourcils eyebrow pencil in blond – This is also another product I used years ago and reverted to cos it’s really very good. Color is nice, and very easy to draw with. A lot of Japanese eyebrow pencils somehow come out very light and you need to press hard which I don’t like. Also this pencil can last you for years wtf.
5. Stage eyeshadow in Rose Tea – This is my eye shadow du jour. I got it free from an event or advertorial I think wtf years ago. Recently started using it and it’s quite nice! Color is a bit reddish brown and quite pigmented.
6. Super Quick Matte Liquid Eyeliner in brown – Last time when I super into gyaru style everything must be black – eyeliner, mascara, lashes etc. But now I prefer a lighter look so I use brown eyeliner. But brown liquid eyeliner tends to look too light/watery though, haven’t found one I really love yet. This one is so so only la. Got it from Sasa.
7. Majolica Majorca mascara base – I always use mascara base! To protect my lashes and to make them thicker before I put mascara.
8. Dior Show Iconic mascara in black – Got this free also wtf. Quite good also but been itching to try brown.
9. Dolly Wink lash glue – okay okay la. I prefer Koji’s Fix it glue which applies in white but turns clear when it dries. But I think they stopped making it! D: Dolly Wink was a souvenir from Isetan hehe.
10. My Melody lash case – to represent my lashes wtf.
Currently using Amo Pastel half length lashes. The lashes are brown! It’s very nice but I feel it’s a bit too long for my eyes and looks super dramatic in real life. Not in pictures though! Bought in Japan.
11. Dior blusher in Rose Tahiti Paradise Glow what a mouthful wtf – a present from Janice! Looks super natural but not as pigmented as I’m used to.
Add together everything on my face wtf.
Nah show you the lashes and eyeshadow.
Whoops forgot to color in my brows WTF.
Eyeshadow is super pretty hor! I didn’t think a red shade on the eyes would be so nice.
Oh yea also touched up my extensions at 76style. Thanks to Hikky!
Under natural sunlight. Topped off with a sheer orange lipstick from Kate.
Feel free to share your makeup tips/routines whatever for me to kepoh!
Are you a ‘Sweet Rose’ or ‘Soft Lavender’? Tell me why.
To stand a higher chance in winning, post your best Japan Inspired OOTD/Make-up Styles/Hairstyles and upload your picture on Instagram with tags #HerbalEssences @Nuffnang and @Fourfeetnine (to track where your entry comes from). Remember to set your Instagram account to public so I can view!
Example like this:
I am rose obviously wtf.
The best comments (4) will win passes to Herbal Essences Neo Gal party (first I’ve heard of)!!! Neo gal is a new subculture of gyaru – coined by ViVi, it’s a sort of mixture between Shibuya and Harajuku style, although some people also include mode brands like Emoda and Murua under Neo Gal style. For example, Alisa Ueno is like the quintessential Neo Gal. Anyway good luck and see you at the Neo Gal party!! I will be there!!! With Bobo, Cheesie, Chuckei, Miasuraya, Nanabwincess and Myamethyst-shea. ^^
See Nuffnang’s blog post on the All New Herbal-Essences : Japan Series for more info.