edit: Wrote this while Fighter was sick. He’s all good now!
Super quick post cos Fighter is still sick.
He was down with diarrhea and a fever which turned out to be roseola so the fever has broken but now he has a rash. *takes deep breath
Already updated about it on my Dayre here so not gonna do it again.
But today Imma talk about… baby decisions!
First up, transport systems.
We have a Bugaboo Bee and a Maxi Cosi baby carrier (that doubles as a car seat) so when Bump comes, the Maxi Cosi will go to her and we’ll get a new front facing car seat for Fighter. Decided on a Britax Safe n Sound already…
But stroller leh?!
God I swear to god buying a stroller is more stressful than getting a new car. Why unlimited options one!?!? We have 4-5 months to go (if preeclampsia doesn’t hit) and Fighter hasn’t started even standing on his own. He’ll probably be walking when Bump comes but there will definitely be times I’d want a double stroller to pop them both in when we’re out.
So I’m looking at a double stroller, and then possibly getting a skateboard to attach to the Bee for when he’s older and would prefer to stand.
But wah so many options! Plus more expensive than normal strollers some more wtf.
(We also have a Ergo baby carrier but Fighter hates it and I’m not really a baby carrying person either – cannot withstand weight for a long time wtf so I prefer to dump everyone in the stroller and push.)
Here’s my shortlist. Please feel free to share if you have experience with any of these, and if you know where to get them in Malaysia!
Phil and Ted’s Promenade. Can seat a newborn and a toddler in 28 different ways wtf. Can choose to fix a baby carrier or use the bassinet/seats that come with it. Can’t find what colors the hood comes in though wtf hahahaha I’m hoping there’s pink and not just yucky black.
Not sure where to get it in Malaysia though haih.
Orbit Baby Double Helix Stroller.
Looks too cool! Some more got white which is pretty and elegant yet not too girly. *refuses to think how to keep it clean
Unfortunately this looks crazy expensive la (USD559 for just the stroller base, haven’t add the seat or sunshade yet -_-). Also no idea if it’s available in Malaysia.
Bugaboo Donkey! Can sit one baby, one newborn + toddler, or twins.
Also mad expensive although I know its readily available in Mothercare. Also dunno if I wanna get another Bugaboo since we already have the Bee.
Mima Kobi Tandem.
Wah this one nice until I wanna punch something wtf. Seriously why don’t pram makers make prams in more colors rather than black/grey/red/silver/dark purple/duck shit green???
I know Mamours has the Mima but Michiekins (who has a Mima) said they only have the Xari (which is a single stroller) so not sure if the Kobi is available. Does anyone know where to get!! Or how much it is!!! *big shiny eyes
Contours Tandem. Definitely available in Malaysia (they have a MY website), price less than RM2K so it’s quite affordable. Design-wise…. okaayyy la hahaha but just not as exciting as the Mima. T_T
A lot of people have been recommending the Joovy so I guess it is available in MY. Above is the Joovy Ergo Caboose – good for a baby and a toddler can sit or stand in the back. Again, the price is probably reasonable but god it’s so ugly wtf. All the photos on Google Images show it only comes in black yegads. The babies will look like they’re riding in a hearse please.
But then again, maybe I shouldn’t even get a stroller and just change the canopy of my Bugaboo to pink. T_T Cos this stupid Fighter absolutely refuses to sit in his stroller now and screams the place down whenever we even lower him to it. I bought a detachable snack tray to hopefully distract him enough to sit in it but haven’t tried it out yet. T_T
If Fighter still doesn’t wanna sit in a stroller by the time Bump comes, he’ll just have to make sure he learns to walk before that. Either that or he’ll just be dragged along on a leash WTF ok jokes.
Ok that’s all for strollers.
Next big decision – baby names!
OK so I really wanted to name Fighter Jude so I reserved rights to name him and told Fatty he could name the second baby. He wasn’t coming up with any and even suggested a name like ‘Betty’ at one point to my horror.
Anyway to preempt any naming disasters I came up with a whole list of baby girl names.
Trawled name websites for this but most of them is just cos I like the sound of them la wtf.
- Sloane – Fatty likes this and Quinn cos they’re both hot TV characters -_- (from Entourage and Glee) but I worry they’re too… unheard of for Malaysia
- Clover – I think Clover is adorable but it’s a weed. -_- Also Wendy said it’s a cow’s name wtf :X
- Chloe – used to want to name my future daughter Chloe but it’s getting increasingly common nowadays so no
- Clementine – I really like this! But Fatty doesn’t
- Cecilia – Like this too but Fatty says he knew an unpleasant Cecilia wtf
- Pixie – cute but too outlandish, will probably have no friends in school
- Lux – loved this name from the Virgin Suicides but later everybody call her “Soap” wtf
- Lola – like the rabbit in Space Jam lolol. Fatty rejected it on account of it being part of a Barry Manilow song
- Sage – probably unacceptable in Malaysia too
- Clea – I thought this was special but on second thought what if kids call her “Clit” FHL
- Cosette – from Les Miserables! I actually thought it had a nice meaning cos Cosette is so beloved in the story
- Lilou – Er I just like names starting with L but later everyone call her “Stitch”
- Axelle – Very prosperous sounding right? Like she’d excel at life lolol. But then people might call her Microsoft Excel. -_-
- Ariadne – super love this name! Can call Ari for short which sounds cute. But Malaysians will probably mangle this name
- Alva – can call Alfie for short. You can tell I like short boyish nicknames
- Alix – still rooting for this but Fatty finds it weird
- Aria – nah. Too many Game of Thrones fans around
- Lacey – like this too but too similar to a friend’s name
- Primrose – ya from Hunger Games hahaha
- Alisa – I loved the name Alyssa but my aunt took it for my cousin hahaha. So Alisa is a variation but the spelling doesn’t look as nice
What would you name your daughter?